I am not a creative cook – and as we all know Pinterest is my guilty pleasure, though my husband says it’s my addiction – he is threatening an intervention…
While I was searching for this month’s recipe to share, the temperatures kept rising and the LAST thing I wanted to do was to heat up my kitchen – I came across a recipe from Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch and it was just what I was looking for! A cold pasta salad is perfect to serve on a hot summer day. This recipe is quick, easy and most of all delicious!! The prep time on this is about 20 minutes, so you can make this first thing in the morning before things heat up and enjoy this yummy pasta salad for lunch or dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds Fresh Cheese Tortellini, Cooked According To Directions
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- 1/3 cup Almonds
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 pieces Sun-dried Tomatoes In Oil, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
Let’s put it all together!
1. In a blender or food processor combine 1 cup basil, 1 cup spinach, 1/3 cup almonds, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Pulse until combined and pureed.
2. Slowly drizzle in 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil and puree until smooth.
3. Cook 1 1/2 pounds fresh Cheese Tortellini according to directions.
4. Add pesto and toss to coat.
5. Chop 6-8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil.
6. Add chopped sun dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup feta cheese.
7. Toss until well combined.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy! Approximately 5 Servings +