We’ve been so busy lately; the last thing I’ve wanted to do is spend a ton of time in the kitchen cooking! I’ve been looking for quick easy meals that appeal to everyone – my next new craze just may be one-pot meals! Just think about it – one pot – easy to cook and a bonus of fewer dishes!! These recipes from CrunchyCreamySweet.com were quick easy and most important delicious. My family gave this edition of Cooking with Martha 2 thumbs way up!! Hope you give it a try! Enjoy!
One Pot Cheesy Tortellini and Meatballs
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1/2 medium onion, diced
8oz. package cheese tortellini
35 to 37 meatballs (if frozen, thawed completely)
1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 cup water or chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add meatballs and brown on all sides.
- Add tortellini, crushed tomatoes, water, oregano and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes OR until tortellini is cooked.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover skillet and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
1 loaf of Italian bread
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 to 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder (see note)
1 and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Uncover bread. Top with cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
Note 1: If you like garlic, you can use more garlic powder – up to 2 teaspoons (1 teaspoon per piece of bread).
Note 2: Instead of garlic powder, try dry ranch seasoning mix. It’s fantastic, especially for kids who don’t like garlic!
Recipes source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com